The Friends of Bramley Baths held a detailed business planning workshop on the 3rd August 2011. The following briefly sets out the Purpose and Vision drawn from the work of the group along with key aims implied by the vision.
Statement of purpose
The purpose of Bramley baths is to:
- Act as a social hub for the benefit of the community
- Provide a centre for fitness, fun and well-being
- Enable people to swim and to learn how to swim
- Preserve a historic treasure and a local asset
Our Vision for the future
Our vision is to become a long term viable community enterprise strengthening community spirit and acting as the driving force for new community initiatives in Bramley.
We will develop Bramley Baths into a well branded top class affordable attraction providing leisure, fitness and education for all available when people want to use it.
As an employer we will provide a good experience for our employees.
Key Long Term Aims
Over the next 5 years we will
- Develop the baths in to a viable sustainable enterprise with a business model appropriate to a community venture including ensuring that it is well run, effectively marketed and appropriately branded.
- Develop Bramley Baths into a top class affordable attraction providing leisure, fitness and education for all and available when people want to use it.
- Build strong effective relationships with the community and act as a catalyst for community initiatives in Bramley.
- Create a good working environment for employees with appropriate policies procedures and practice.